Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

My Travel Diaries: Ottawa (Encounters with Canada) '13


I recently had the amazing opportunity to travel to Ottawa, Ontario (with a day trip to Montreal!) to tour around, learn about journalism and meet so many unique people. The city amazed me; modern and edgy meets old classic victorian. The buildings, the greenery, the rivers and markets- Ottawa is truly an amazing city. I took quite a few snapshots of the city- here to share with all of you. Enjoy Ottawa- through my eyes. 

The Canadian War Museum
The 'Unknown Soldier' on 11/11 at the 11th
hour on the 11th minute, the sun shines through a
window along that black line, and illuminates the
tombstone of the unknown soldier. 















The drive to Quebec- is really only a hop, skip, and a jump away!


The beautiful view of Ottawa from across the river in Quebec!




The church 'Notre Dame'



The detail in the buildings amazed me, not only in parliament was the time taken to
so elegantly carve the patterns into the walls but in this incredible church. It was very
interesting seeing such a difference in the history of Ottawa, and how things have changed. 

Governor General's House


Montreal!

Une grande poutine si vous plaits







CBC Montreal!

Downtown Ottawa
The fun, modern artwork in alleyways



Trick or Treating @ Stephen Harpers!
24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario



Press Conference!

Outfit: Top- Aritzia, Skirt and necklace- H&M






Ottawa city, I will miss you so very much and I dare say we'll meet again. The atmosphere, the people; the city in general is an incredible place not only to Canadian history (bore,) but to go and experience. Farewell Ottawa, I will see you soon. 

-Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment