Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2013

A Review: Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder & Swatches


That sun-kissed look is always in, especially during the summer. However having a naturally tan face from those UV rays has it's drawbacks- premature wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, dark spots, sunburns, and a higher chance of skin cancer.  The obvious solution? Bronzer! With just a quick dust around your face, you'll go from pasty pale to a bronzed goddess in no time. Here to help us in acheiving that is the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder. 


This product claims to be a, "soft matte, silky-smooth bronzer that instantly gives the skin the look of a natural tan." To acheive that it comes with .28oz or 8g of bronzer coming in 6 shades, but ringing in at $38 US. (Yikes!!) 


First off let's take a moment to admire the packaging. Shiny, black, and sleek. It's very sturdy and easy to clean. It has a very nice closure that makes it very easy to open and close the packaging and the clasp ensures that it won't open unbenounced. The best part? A big and full mirror makes it the perfect on-the-go product. 

Clasp

The colour that I was recommended was 1 Golden Light. It is indeed a matte shade (perfect for contouring) and has yellow tones opposed to red. It is extremely natural on the skin, it as no shimmer or sparkle so it will look beautiful all over the face or just to contour your cheeks and nose. I love this shade, it works in the summer, and isn't too harsh in the winter. For a pale girl like myself, this is definitely my go-to product to gently warm up my face.



The consistency is very smooth, not chalky or excessively powdery. It's one of those miracle products that has a light pigmentation (perfect for a natural bronzed look), but can be built up to a strong colour without looking like a cake fell on your face. The bronzer can grab to dry-er patches of skin, so be sure to moisturize before applying!


I rarely choose to contour my face, I have yet to attempt to master that technique. However, when applying I choose a big, fluffy brush. I find this works the better than a big, dense brush because it lightly dispenses the product evenly over the skin (don't forget your neck!). Another thing that I often use this bronzer for is as a crease colour. I take a fluffy crease brush and run the colour through the crease, it adds more definition to your eyes and looks extremely natural.

Before
After 






















After
Before

Another thing that I often use this bronzer for is as a crease colour. I take a fluffy crease brush and run the colour through the crease, it adds more definition to your eyes and looks extremely natural. This bronzer is also long wearing on both the eyes and the face!

Before ( Eyes: Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded )





Pro's:

- Light pigmentation (it's a good thing!)
- Easy to build up
- A+ for packaging
- Natural colour
- Used  for contouring and bronzing
- Not powdery, no fall out
- Smooth and easy to apply
- Can be used as eyeshadow



Con's:

- Very expensive
- Can grab to dry skin











After (Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, Lips: Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait)












Having a bronzed glow is always nice sometimes, unfortunately to do it the safe way does require more $$$ than the sun does- but investing in healthy skin is something you'll never regret! Admitidly I doubt that I'll repurchase this bronzer (even though I highly recommend it!) solely due to the price, it's a little more than I'm willing to spend. As much as I'd love to repurchase, for next time I'll be searching the drugstores for my next 'tan in a pan.'

-Madi

2 comments:

  1. this looks really nice, I'd love to try that! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very beautiful and natural bronzer- I highly recommend!!

      Madi

      Delete