Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

A Review: Bobbi Brown Corrector + Creamy Concealer Duo

We all strive for those bright, well rested, flawless under eye area- and who can blame us? We can't all sleep as well as Sleeping Beauty, and summer nights call for late bonfires that no one can resist- the solution? Concealer. And not just any concealer- a brightening one that screams that you've been asleep a hundred years.

I purchased the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer Duo in hopes of achieving just that. The corrector claims in tandem with the concealer to, "brighten dark circles with just the right coverage" and to, "blend easy to instantly cover and brighten dark circles." The corrector comes with .05 oz/1.4g of product, and the concealer .05oz/1.4g with the powder having .06oz/1.7g.


The consistency of these products are extremely creamy and extremely thick. A little dab of product holds a lot of pigmentation and covers circles very well. However, these are very easy to layer too much and we all know what that means, creasing. I don't particularly find the powder necessary, I rarely use it and prefer the more natural look the concealer has without the powder. 

Creamy Concealer Duo in Ivory ($35 US)

Correcter in Porcelain Peach ($23) 

I like to apply these products first with a touch of the corrector focusing it into my inner corner and blending the rest out to the middle and outer half of my eye. The corrector is 'correcting' because of the peachy shade that cancels out any darkness.  Then I take a bit of the concealer and put it over the corrector avoiding the inner quarter of my under eyelid. Most days I opt out the powder as I find it creates access creasing, but in the summer- a little setting powder can't hurt. 


Before
Corrector only in Porcelain Peach
Both with Creamy Concealer in Ivory, Right eye with Concealer + Powder

 All in all, I love both products, but I don't think both are absolutely necessary. The stand out product for me is definitely the corrector, in fact this is my second one! The concealer I could make do without, many drug store concealers layer very well with the corrector and personally I don't think the corrector needs it (also a great way to save $$!)
Mascara: Physicians Formula Organics





Pro's:
- Works very well to brighten under eyes
- Pigmentation is more than average
- Thick and creamy consistency that blends well
- Corrector has a peachy tones


Con's:
- Expensive
- Creases occasionally
- Packaging gets dirty









These products definitely help you achieve a brighter and better rested under eyes. Of course they aren't going to give you more hours of rest- but they can help mimick that. The peachy-ness of the corrector works wonderfully to neutralize darkness and the concealer aids in more coverage. I will continue to re-purchase the corrector- but I'll have to leave the concealer for next time. 


Hopefully we'll all be getting some more rest this summer, maybe not quite as much as Sleeping Beauty- but a little more. 

-Madi 


7 comments:

  1. Its been on my wishlist for ages. good review
    www.letamnatellyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great. I completely recommend the corrector!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog, your reviews are so informative and I love that you show the different stages of application. I've wanted both of these for ages but they are pretty expensive, especially both of them together! The corrector looks amazing though, I can't believe what a difference there is between the first and second photo!

    Also, that mascara looks amazing, I need to check it out.

    - Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you very much for stopping by and giving my blog a read! They are expensive, so if I had to pick one, I'd recommend just the corrector- it really does work like a charm! I took a peak at your blog as well and loved it, I subscribed for more posts from you!
      All the best,
      Madi

      Delete
    2. Yeah, and I think your right about there being so many cheaper alternatives available, I don't really know of any cheap correctors! Ooh thank you very much!

      - Rhi x

      Delete
  3. I've been dying to try this but you're right about the price!
    Aims
    Xoxo
    http://littlelotusblossom28.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd bite the bullet and purchase the corrector! It made the biggest difference for me- good luck!

      -Madi

      Delete