Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

A Review: Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer

They say stick to what you know, so I feel like using a product for more than two years would result in my knowledge of the product being- well pretty good. When my best friend first saw this concealer, she mistaked it for lipstick and ended up smothering my concealer all over her lips. Looking at me with disgust in her eyes she asked my why on earth I'd want to blank out my lips like that without leaving a hint of colour behind. So this is where the story begins, my Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer that started off as the laughing stock and the origin of zombie makeup for my friend and I- to something I've had a relationship (or so to say) for almost three years.

This concealer claims to effectively conceal spots, blemishes, and under-eye circles. And for the most part, I agree. I have purchased two shades, Ivory, which I recommend, and Neutraliser - that I picked up by mistake and do not recommend. The packaging is just like a lipstick (not to be confused with one though) and comes with o.15 oz or 4.5  of product between 7-10$. It isn't the most hygenic, as the most common way of application is to apply it straight from the tube, but if you have a lot of acne problems, to halt a stop to that ever so fast growing bacteria getting trapped under your pores, a brush to apply the product would work just as well.



So, good news first or bad news first? Well, I like to keep things positive, so lets start with the good news: Ivory: My preference of use is for concealing or 'hiding' the blemishes as Rimmel London would prefer to say. The consistancy is very creamy and thick- making for quite the opaque coverage. It can be used for under the eyes- more of a light coverage cover (if you have bad dark circles like me.) Unfortunately, every rose has it's thorns- and so does this product. Due to the fact that it is so creamy, once you go to cover your blemish, if its not set, it moves around easily. One swipe of your finger over it on accident can easily take off all the product. Lastly, if you lay it on thick, it does crease easily, so keep application minimal (especially on eyelids). But overall, this is definitely a very good concealer- thick, creamy, opaque and easy application gets the job done. Although it's good, I'd like to find something that's great, so this may be the last time buy for this one.


Left to Right- Ivory, Neutraliser
Left to Right, Ivory Neutraliser


Now onto the Neutraliser, it isn't THAT bad, but in my opinion, not as good as Ivory. The consistancy is a bit dryer, a bit harder to apply, just not as that 'skating on freshly cleaned ice' kinda feel- if you know what I mean. It's just kinda like -eh. It's not bad, but not good. I don't have too much to say about it, just not a fan.

With that said, I have found a way to put this product to use. Heard of white eyeliners? Or tan for your waterline? I was quite intrigued by those, but didn't want to buy a new eyeliner. Looking at the concealers I realized hey- that's pretty much what those nude eyeliners are. So I whipped out my angled brush from trusty Joe Fresh and lightly swiped it in the products and onto my waterline- and it works like a charm. So if you have wanted that extra awakeness in the morning (which I highly recommend) - it's a quick fix. And one that I use everyday.
Joe Fresh Concealer brush (top) and angled brush (bottom)


When I run out of these ones I will not be repurchasing, but looking forward to trying a new concealer that can hopefully 'hide the blemishes' even better. With a few years relationship with this product, I am ready to move on and try and see new ones. Rimmel Hide the blemish concealer- its really not you, its me..

-Madi











No comments:

Post a Comment